Pixite is a thriving app company that makes award winning visually creative apps for iOS and Android, located in San Diego since 2009.
We are a growing team of eleven talented designers, developers, marketers, and business people, and have a strong company culture of innovation, fairness, collaboration, and work-life balance. We wholeheartedly embrace remote working with 70% of our employees working remotely.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who will own the roadmap and drive feature delivery for our mobile applications. The right person will not only have a technical background, but can be the bridge between our product, marketing and engineering teams. Ideally, you’ve been a PM for software products and are comfortable operating in an agile environment.
- Manage new features and releases through the full project lifecycle and provide ongoing support even after launch
- Measure and analyze product metrics, customer needs, and business opportunities to guide the product feature creation and optimize user experience
- Identify product and technical issues and actively develop and track solutions
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders and make sure products are aligned with the company’s mission
- 3+ years experience in product management in a mobile app company
- Ability to drive product planning, push development, and release products
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business needs
- An artistic background a plus
Compensation & equity:
We offer competitive salaries, and believe in investing in people for the long term, which stock or stock options make possible.
Healthy means productive. We are one of the rare employers that reimburse 100% of health insurance premiums for your family for any Gold level plan of your choosing.
100% reimbursement on business related expenses in addition to 50% for computer, phone, and tablet purchases (some limits apply). We also allow partial reimbursement for discretionary expenses (home office, transportation, utilities, meals, etc.), which is an exceedingly rare perk for employees.
Company sponsored retirement plan with up to 100% employer matching on 4% of your compensation. We’ll fund an additional 2% plus profit sharing if the company is doing well. Plan comprises of a wide range of low-cost Vanguard funds.
6-weeks full time off and up to 6-months discretionary time off
Working remotely can be hugely beneficial and challenging at the same time. One the one hand, it allows you to be more flexible, work more efficiently, and work wherever you want. On the other hand, working at a traditional company allows you to work in close proximity with your colleagues, which can be motivating. We strongly believe we can achieve the best of both worlds with the right people and culture.
- Most of our employees are remote (70%)
- We use Basecamp and it allows us to have calm, streamlined conversations that help us be productive.
- We encourage meeting face to face. Moving forward, we’ll have an annual spring meetup in San Diego and fall retreat at a cool destination. Additionally, employees can optionally do Face-To-Faces – meet up with coworkers for up to 4 days in the contiguous U.S. to work together, all expenses paid.
- Friday half-days. Take extra time off to go outdoors, meet with friends, be with family, or do other projects.
If you’re interested in the position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re a small, profitable company looking to expand our Android team to two. This role is an opportunity to work closely with a talented team and build creative tools that help people find their creativity.
What We’re Looking For
- Familiarity with the Android framework.
- Strong expertise in Kotlin (or Java).
- Experience architecting app features in a considerate manner.
- Capability to communicate effectively. We’re a small team, so communication is key.
- U.S. resident with work eligibility and 3+ years of industry experience.
What You’ll Do Day to Day
- You’ll help conceive, architect, and implement features that will delight users.
- You’ll use Kotlin and the latest technologies and strategies to build solid apps.
- You’ll write tests to make sure you don’t keep fixing the same problems.
- You’ll work closely with the designers and other developers to solve problems.
- You’ll work with the team to discover new ways to help people be creative.
Why Pixite is Cool
- We’re a bootstrapped company in our 9th year (profitable and growing) building great creative tools.
- We take a lot of inspiration from our friends at Basecamp, focusing on quality time spent on meaningful work.
- We work from all around the US. Whether it’s our favorite coffee shop, our living room, or a local co-working space (we’ll help pay for that), we pick where we work best.
- We take 4-6 week breaks for “Creative Sessions” to explore ideas in the creative space.
- We support the community by contributing to Open Source projects, sending developers to conferences, supporting creative events and encouraging side projects.
- We let you choose your own Healthcare Marketplace Gold Plan, and we pay the bill.
- We pay competitive salaries based on San Francisco rates.
If you’re interested in applying or have any questions, please contact Ryan at email@example.com.
At some point, you may want to cancel your Premium Access subscription. Here are step-by-step instructions. This works for both phone and tablet users.
- Open the Play Store app
- Tap the Options icon on the top left.
3. Tap “Subscriptions”
4. If you’re subscribed to more than one app you’ll have to select Pigment first before moving on.
5. Here you will be able to cancel it. Just tap “Cancel Subscription” and your subscription will not auto renew.
Our latest Featured Artist, Kim White, comes from across the pond and brings along with her some fantastic designs from her book Doodles From The Den. We hope you enjoy her designs as much as we do.
Kim is a digital designer and illustrator from Bristol (England) that loves to doodle all things cute and quirky – and she’s on a mission to encourage others to explore mindfulness, relaxation and creative self-expression through her playful adult colouring books.
Coloring and drawing were two of Kim’s favorite childhood pastimes, but her real interest in the adult coloring trend piqued when she realized the amazing mental health benefits it had. Not only does coloring help manage symptoms of anxiety and stress, but it’s also extremely fun and can be enjoyed by all ages!
Let’s welcome Brandon Sines to the Pigment family along with his street art persona “Frank Ape.” His Frank Ape book is a force of positivity and we thank Brandon for bringing Frank to the Pigment community.
Hi, I’m Brandon. I draw and paint all sorts of things but I’d say I’m most known for my original character, Frank Ape. I created Frank in 2011 while living in Brooklyn, New York and since then, his voice has developed into the positive, fun loving ape you see today. I live in Queens with my girlfriend and our cat Spaghetti. I hope you have as much fun coloring Frank’s universe and I had creating it!
Lets give a big welcome to our newest Featured Artist, Elisabetta Stoinich, and her incredibly unique book Literary Masters.
Elisabetta Stoinich is an eclectic illustrator born and raised in a small Ligurian seaside village, from a Croatian father and a Genoese mother. Now she lives in Milan with her husband and two children. Painting, drawing and reading old books are her favorite things to do, it’s a pity there’s so little time in a day!
Francine Rodrigues, our newest Featured Artist, is bringing her adorable illustration to Pigment with her book The Lovely Nature.
My name is Francine, I’m an illustrator and also photographer. I live in Canada, my husband and I moved a few months ago and one of the main reasons that brought us here is the contact with nature. Back in my country, we don’t have the opportunity to see squirrels and raccoons walking on the streets.
Our latest Featured Artist, Rachel Fox, brings her cartoon inspired characters with an interactive aspect to Pigment to see how you add your flair to the scenes.
Hi! I’m Rachel. I’m a dog loving, coffee guzzling illustrator living in the Pacific Northwest. If I’m not drawing, odds are you’ll find me hiking in the woods or swimming in the ocean with my dog Charles.